It’s thought that lots of allergies are linked to an unhealthy gut. Over 70% of our immune system lies within our gut so if our digestive system is compromised, this can lead to an imbalance in the immune system which can bring on conditions such as hay fever.
- Fill your diet with anti-inflammatory foods such as sweet potatoes, carrots, leafy greens, onions, garlic, apples, berries and turmeric.
- Limit your dairy intake as it can increase mucus production.
- Take a vitamin D3 supplement, vital to help modulate the immune system.
- Reduce sugar intake as this causes inflammation, something you do not want in your airways!
- Visit your local health food store and stock up on a good probiotic along with a supplement containing vitamin C, quercetin and bromelain.
- Try the homeopathic remedy ‘Pollenna’ by Nelsons Homeopathic Pharmacy http://www.nelsonspharmacy.com/